Writing about what you love is such a joyous experience.
Not only that, your passion for your subject comes through in your writing, and makes it sparkle.
Here are my tips for writing about what you love. I hope you find them helpful.
WRITING ABOUT WHAT YOU LOVE
- Remember that your reader might not know as much about your passion as you do … so some explanation might be required.
- Story comes first … so don’t let your love for your subject distract you from the art of good story telling.
- What you love is part of who you are, it’s part of your natural voice so allow it to filter through organically in your work. Don’t let it become contrived. For example, me bringing dogs into my story happened in my subconscious, and while I love writing about them, that doesn’t mean I should have a dog in every story.
- Enjoy the experience. It’s okay to love what you do … even if it’s not paying the bills … yet.
- Look for markets that publish pieces about your passion.
What do you love writing about? Do you find recurring themes or symbols in your writing. If so, we’d love you to share your experiences in the comments section of this post.
Happy writing 🙂