Finding A Crit Partner/Writing Buddy/Beta Reader has been such a success that I’ve now set up a permanent page on my blog where you can register your interest or look for a buddy. Here’s the link: http://wp.me/PpiTq-16U
Thanks to everyone who was brave enough to ‘put yourselves out there’ and congratulations to those who have already found a writing buddy or crit partner as a result of this event.
If you don’t want to be included on the page or have found someone already, please let me know.
This week I’m doing something different at DeeScribe Writing.
I’m using my blog to help you find a writing buddy or crit partner.
In fact, my blog will be open all week for you to search and comment.
WHY YOU NEED A WRITING BUDDY
- They help you see things in your work that you can’t see because you’re too close to it.
- They support you and help you through those dark times when you think that next rejection might just push you over the edge and make you abandon your writing career.
- They encourage you to keep writing and climb out of the black hole of writer’s block, rejection and the isolation of being a writer.
- They share information with you that can help you find your way through the maze of writing, publication, industry trends, the submission process etc.
- But most of all, they ‘get’ you; they understand your habit. They understand that you can’t help writing, it’s who you are, it’s what you do.
- Instead of treating your writing ‘habit’ like an affliction, they treat it like a talent, a special talent.
- They understand that writing IS important and that what you are doing isn’t quaint or cute, it’s a real job and deserves real recognition.
FIND YOUR CRIT BUDDY OR NEW CRIT GROUP HERE
If you’re looking for a crit buddy, there are two simple steps to finding one here.
Register your interest in finding a crit buddy in the comments section of this post by listing:
- Your name – it can be a pen name if you wish;
- Genre you write in;
- Country or state you live in;
- Two or three previous publishing credits if any;(Don’t worry if you haven’t been published yet.)TRY AND RELATE YOUR PUBLISHED CREDITS TO THE MAIN GENRE YOU WRITE IN.
- List the three most important qualities you are looking for in a crit buddy;
- Give details of how you can be contacted – email, Facebook or twitter.
The next step is for you to check back here in the comments section of this post and see if there’s someone who matches your interest in writing and goals.
Happy writing and I hope you find the writing buddy of your dreams.
Please feel free to share this blog post through Facebook, Twitter etc. I want to help as many writers as possible find a crit buddy.
P.S. If this event proves helpful to writers, I will make this an ongoing event and add a page to my blog where people can meet/find a writing buddy.
P.P.S If your comment doesn’t appear immediately please be patient. My internet is rather slow.