Every Friday (except the last week of the month), I’m running Friday Feedback at this blog so you can get feedback and answers to your writing questions.
Here’s how it works:
- You provide 150 words of your work in progress
- You email it to Dee*at*Deescribe*dot*com*dot*au
- In your email, you also tell me:
- The title of your piece
- The intended word count for your finished book
- The genre of your piece
- The age of the intended readership
- Where in the manuscript the extract comes from
- Any specific issues you would like me/blog readers to look at
How to format your submission
Please send your submission as an email attachment, formatted as a ‘Word’ document in 12 point Times New Roman or Arial font, double spaced.
What happens next?
- I post your piece here on a Friday. (I will let you know when I schedule a date)
- When I post the piece I will also include my feedback and invite blog readers to contribute to the discussion
- People provide suggestions in the comments section of the post.
Pieces need to be works of fiction. Sorry, NO Picture Books.
Friday Feedback is taking a break for a couple of months so that I can finish my work in progress.
But please feel free to keep sending your pieces for feedback and I will slot them into the queue. You can email your 150 word pieces to me. Dee*at*deescribe*dot*com*dot*au
Please include the word length, title, genre and target readership for your story. Also include where the piece comes in your story and any specific questions you have about writing it.