1. How long did it take to write Letters to Leonardo?
More than ten years.
2. How many words have you put on paper from first draft to published novel?
Over 1 million.
3. How many hours have you spent writing & rewriting Letters to Leonardo?
Around 1800 – that’s an average of about 180 hours per year.
4. How many times has the ending changed?
At least 7
5. Was the book always called Letters to Leonardo?
It started out as Letters to Leonardo, then during my mentorship, was changed to To the Moon and Back, and eventually Space. When I went back to writing the original story (refer article about The Writing Process on Robyn Opie’s Blog http://www.robynopie.blogspot.com), it became Letters to Leonardo again.